|Planner / Zoning Administrator||Closed - Reviewing Applications|
|Police Officer - Patrol||Accepting Applications - Open Until Filled|
|Project & Facilities Manager||Position has been filled|
|Evidence Custodian||Interviews in Progress|
The education and work experience of an ideal candidate will assist the Town in the following ways:
- Engage with the public, developers, town staff, and other professionals inquiring about zoning and land use standards.
- Develop recommendations in a technical capacity regarding zoning ordinance amendments and related issues or challenges.
- Assist planning director as staff liaison to the Planning and Zoning Board of Adjustment.
- Interpret and enforce the town’s zoning ordinance.
The successful candidate will administer Woodfin’s zoning ordinance, minimum housing code and other applicable sections of the Code of Ordinances. As such, the Planner/Zoning Administrator ensures that developed property contributes to a healthy and vibrant community.
Other pertinent details:
The Planner/Zoning Administrator is one of two positions within the Planning and Zoning Department working together to the carry out the vision and objectives of the community and its elected officials. The position reports to the Planning Director.
Selection criteria and process:
The Town requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years of experience working in the field of municipal or county planning, zoning, or code enforcement. Consideration may be given for an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference also given to candidates with a CZO or CFM certification.
Starting salary range is $51,000 – $56,000, DOE, plus benefits. The Town of Woodfin is an EOE.
Submit cover letter, resume and completed Town Employment Application to email@example.com. Full job description can be found here. Open recruitment for the position ends at 5 pm, Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
Police Officer - Patrol
Essential Job Functions:
- Safeguard the citizens of Woodfin by proactively enforcing the laws of North Carolina and the Ordinances of the Town of Woodfin
- Act as the initial point of contact for investigations and responsible for writing reports
- Actively patrolling the Town of Woodfin while detecting and preventing possible crimes
- Other various duties
- Valid NC driver’s license
- Successful completion of a Basic Law Enforcement Training course in North Carolina or currently holds active North Carolina certification
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation and interview process
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or successful completion of General Education Development (GED) program
- The applicant must have the ability to perform the physical activities of the Job
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,578.00 per year
Please send resume to: Recruiting@woodfin-nc.gov