Town of Woodfin Employee Benefits
Effective: December 2020
HEALTH INSURANCESilver 2500 Health Plan - Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Plan
- $30 Primary Care Visit | $150 Specialist Visit | $150 Urgent Care Visit
- $1250 Emergency Room Copay | 30% co-insurance for other services | No Charge Preventive Care
- Deductible: Individual: $2,500 | Family: $5,000
- Maximum out-of-pocket (in-network): Individual $8,150 | Family $16,300
- 6 Tier Prescription Drug Plan: $15 Coinsurance Tier 1, $35 Coinsurance Tier 2, $45 Coinsurance Tier 3, $90 Coinsurance Tier 4, 25% Copay Tier 5, 50% Copay Tier 6
- $10 Primary Care Visit | $20 Specialist Visit | $20 Urgent Care Visit
- $300 Emergency Room | 20% co-insurance for other services | No Charge Preventive Care (individual only)
- Deductible: Individual: $500 | Family: $1,000
- Maximum out-of-pocket (in-network): Individual $1,500 | Family $3,000
- 6 Tier Prescription Drug Plan: $4 Coinsurance Tier 1, $15 Coinsurance Tier 2, $35 Coinsurance Tier 3, $50 Coinsurance Tier 4, 25% Copay Tier 5, 50% Copay Tier 6
- $2,000 annual maximum
- Deductible: Individual: $50 | Family: $150
- 100% Preventive Care | 80% Coinsurance Basic Services: Emergency exams, Periodontal Maintenance, Fillings, Root Canal | 50% Coinsurance Major Services: Dental Implants, Surgery, Dentures, Crowns and Complex Restorative Care
- Exams $10 Copay
- Prescription Glasses $25 Copay | $150 Allowance on Frame, with a 20% discount off the remaining balance for frames, lenses and lens options once every 12 months.
- Contacts $25-60 Copay
|Plan||Employee||Employee / Children||Employee / Spouse||Family|
|Silver Health Plan||$0.00||$0.00||$5.55||$209.96|
|Platinum Health Plan||$0.00||$140.42||$181.49||$482.67|
RETIREMENTLocal Government Employees Retirement System (LGERS)
- 6% payroll deduction
- Full retirement benefit with 30 years of service, age 60 with 25 years, age 65 with 5 years
- Reduced retirement benefit age 50 with 20 years of service or age 60 with five years
401(k) Supplemental Retirement Income Plan
- Town of Woodfin contributes 8% of employee’s salary into investment plans of employee's choice
- Eligible after the first six months of employment
- Designed to supplement employees’ retirement income
- Voluntary employee contributions to a variety of investment plans and also defers taxes
- Roth 401(k) employee contributions – taxes are paid now versus when funds are withdrawn
OTHER INSURANCE BENEFITS
Town of Woodfin paid basic life insurance of $100,000
Town of Woodfin paid accidental death and dismemberment of $100,000
Dependent Life Insurance
Town of Woodfin paid $2,500 for Spouse and Dependent Children up to age 19, age 26 for full time students. Reduced benefit for children birth to 6 months of $250.
Short Term Disability Insurance
Town of Woodfin paid coverage *$350 Per Week for full time employees with an annual salary less than $40,000, $500 per week for full time employees with an annual salary greater than $40,000. Up to 26 weeks of coverage.
12 paid Town of Woodfin holidays each calendar year.
- 12 days earned per year with unlimited accumulation
- May be used for employee or immediate family member's illness, medical/dental appointments, death of a relative
- One month of retirement service credit allowed for each 20 days, or portion, of unused sick leave
- Sick Leave balance from other local governments may be transferred to the Town after six months of service.
|Years of Service||Days Earned per Year
(hire date before 08/21/2007)
|Days Earned per Year
(hire date on or after 08/21/2007)
|Less than 2 years||12 days||10 days|
|2 years but less than 5 years||14 days||12 days|
|5 years but less than 10 years||18 days||16 days|
|10 years but less than 15 years||21 days||19 days|
|15 years but less than 20 years||24 days||22 days|
|20+ years||27 days||25 days|
OTHER BENEFITSLaw Enforcement Officers' Special Separation Allowance
Separation benefits to Law Enforcement Officers who complete 30 or more years of creditable service or are at least 55 years old with 5 years of service and have not attained 62 years old.
Lump sum payment based on regular aggregate service years with the Town as of November 1.
|Years of Service||Longevity Pay|
|Less than 1 year||$100|
|1 year but less than 2 years||1% of salary|
|2 years but less than 5 years||3% of salary|
|5 years but less than 10 years||4% of salary|
|10 years but less than 15 years||5% of salary|
|15 years but less than 25 years||6% of salary|
|25+ years||7% of salary|
Retirement Incentive Plan
Employees must have 25 years of service with the Town and the NC Retirement System or 15 continuous years for elected officials or positions appointed by the board are eligible for their choice of one of the following:
- Medicare Supplement & Prescription Plan beginning at age 65 paid by the Town
- Medicare Supplement Payment Plan of $268 per month beginning at age 65 paid by the Town
Across the Board Salary Adjustment each year based on prior year C.P.I.
Note: This document contains a general description of benefits offered by the Town and is not intended to be a complete list. Employees should read individual coverages carefully to determine the benefit level that applies to their specific circumstances. Benefits listed here are subject to change at anytime.