By resolution of the Woodfin Town Council, the majority of members must live or work in the Town. Activities of the committee will initially be centered on the WGB through the completion of the project. At the completion of the project the committee will continue to assist with public engagement and oversight to ensure that park assets are optimally performing and meeting the needs of stakeholder groups. More specifically, this advisory committee will perform and exercise these duties:
- Review progress; understand adherence to, or deviation from, the WGB project timeline and budget; and provide recommendations to the WGB Project Steering committee
- Assist in public engagement and outreach efforts related to the WGB project.
- Recognize partnerships for the duration of the WGB project between the Town of Woodfin:
- Riverlink, as communications and fundraising partner;
- Buncombe County Recreation Services, as project manager for design and construction of greenways.
- Provide strong, clear messaging about the Town’s entire parks and greenways system that demonstrates how the public is being served.
- Recommend strategic priorities for capital investments and facility improvements.
- Review and provide feedback concerning funding strategies and priorities of recreation-related capital improvements.
- Work in partnership with affinity groups—nonprofits, parent organizations, schools, etc.—to advocate for and promote Woodfin parks and greenways.
- Make recommendations to the Woodfin Town Council regarding the brand and image of town parks and greenways assets including, but not limited to, amenity naming rights, branding, and partnership and sponsorship policies.
|Coral Darby||Chairperson||07/2021 - 07/2024|
|Eric Barsotti||Regular Member||01/2023 - 01/2026|
|Wayne (Carl) Britt||Regular Member||01/2023 - 01/2026|
|Chris Bubenik||Regular Member||07/2021 - 07/2023|
|David Clarke||Regular Member||07/2023 - 07/2026|
|Gerald Green||Regular Member||07/2021 - 07/2024|
|Ann Kaltreider||Regular Member||01/2022 - 01/2025|
Terms for committee members are three years with an opportunity for another three-year re-appointment.
The Parks and Greenways Advisory Committee meets the second Wednesday of the month at 3:00 p.m. at Woodfin Town Hall, unless otherwise noted on the agenda.
|Project Management Subcommittee Charter|
|WGB Project Communications Plan|
|Parks, Recreational and Community Asset Inventory|