Town Council Meeting Agenda
October 18, 2022 | 5:00 pm
October 18, 2022 | 5:00 pm
- Meeting Call To Order
- Approval of the Agenda
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of the September 20, 2022, Regular Meeting Minutes
- Approval of an edit to the August 16, 2022 Regular Meeting Minutes, new business #3.
- Resolution approving the issuance of $1,500,000 General Obligation (GO) Bonds of the Town of Woodfin.
- Resolution authorizing the surplus of two town owned vehicles.
- Public Comment – The public is invited to attend this meeting in person or view this meeting Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/townofwoodfin. All documents related to agenda items not published on the website may be viewed in advance of the meetings in person at Town Hall, 90 Elk Mountain Rd, Woodfin.
- Citizens may address the Board concerning various topics after being recognized by the Mayor and are limited to 5 (five) minutes speaking time.
- New Business
- Public Hearing – Right-of-way closure petition for a portion of Wellington Drive. Continued from 9/20/22. (Presenter: Tuch)
- Public Hearing – Text Amendments to Ch. 6 – Animals, Ch. 22 – Miscellaneous Offenses, Ch. 42 – Streets and Sidewalks, and Ch. 50 – Traffic (Presenter: Dykes)
- Public Hearing – Text Amendments to Ch. 46 – Subdivisions and Ch. 54 – Zoning (Presenter: Tuch)
- Public Hearing – Annexation of three parcels totaling approximately 15 acres located off of Olivette Rd. and identified in the Buncombe County tax record as PINs: 9721417625, 9721412899, 9721427018; and portions of two parcels totaling approximately 5 acres located off of Sweet Fern Parkway and identified in the Buncombe County tax record as PINs: 9721618759 and (Presenter: Tuch)
- Contract Approval for Quantum Consultants for the Town of Woodfin Comprehensive Plan (Presenter: Tuch)
- Naming nomination for the Whitewater Wave (Presenter: Tuch)
- Community Grant Program (Presenter: Tuch)
- Elected Official Compensation Discussion
- Presentations & Reports
- Quarterly Finance Report (Presenter: Powers)
- Town Manager Report (Presenter: Tuch)
- Department Reports
- Police – September 2022 Totals
- Planning and Zoning – September 2022 Permit Report
- Finance – Expenditures | Revenues
- Public Works – September 2022 Totals
- ABC Board – September 2022 P&L | September Board Meeting
- Executive Session – The Board of Commissioners may adjourn to private chambers to discuss legal, personnel, contractual or similar matters protected by the NCGS 143-318.11.
- (a) (3): To consult with an attorney employed or retained by the public body in order to preserve the attorney-client privilege between the attorney and the public body, which privilege is hereby acknowledged. General policy matters may not be discussed in a closed session and nothing herein shall be construed to permit a public body to close a meeting that otherwise would be open merely because an attorney employed or retained by the public body is a participant. The public body may consider and give instructions to an attorney concerning the handling or settlement of a claim, judicial action, mediation, arbitration, or administrative procedure. If the public body has approved or considered a settlement, other than a malpractice settlement by or on behalf of a hospital, in closed session, the terms of that settlement shall be reported to the public body and entered into its minutes as soon as possible within a reasonable time after the settlement is concluded.
- (a) (5): To establish, or to instruct the public body's staff or negotiating agents concerning the position to be taken by or on behalf of the public body in negotiating (i) the price and other material terms of a contract or proposed contract for the acquisition of real property by purchase, option, exchange, or lease; or (ii) the amount of compensation and other material terms of an employment contract or proposed employment contract.