Town Council Meeting Agenda
September 20, 2022 | 5:00 pm
September 20, 2022 | 5:00 pm
- Meeting Call To Order
- Approval of the Agenda
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of the August 16, 2022, Regular Meeting Minutes
- Approval of a contract between the Town of Woodfin and Curbside Management, Inc.
- Reimbursement Resolution – Issuance of General Obligation (GO) Bonds
- Budget Amendment – Walmart Community Foundation Grant
- Resolution setting a public hearing for a voluntary annexation of 15 acres located off Olivette Road and XX acres located off of Sweet Fern Parkway.
- Fee Schedule Update
- Public Comment – The public is invited to attend this meeting in person or view this meeting Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/townofwoodfin.. All documents related to agenda items not published on the website may be viewed in advance of the meetings in person at Town Hall, 90 Elk Mountain Rd, Woodfin.
- Citizens may address the Board concerning various topics after being recognized by the Mayor and are limited to 5 (five) minutes speaking time.
- Presentations & Reports
- Auditor's Report
- Town Manager's Report
- New Business
- Public Hearing – Right-of-way closure petition for a portion of Wellington Drive (Presenter: Tuch)
- Appointment to the Parks and Greenways Advisory Committee (Presenter: Isenhower)
- Community Partner Grant Awards (Presenter: Powers)
- Introduction of Required Public Safety Ordinance Amendments (Presenter: Dykes)
- Department Reports
- Executive Session – The Board of Commissioners may adjourn to private chambers to discuss legal, personnel, contractual or similar matters protected by the NCGS 143-318.11.
- (a) (3): To consult with an attorney employed or retained by the public body in order to preserve the attorney-client privilege between the attorney and the public body, which privilege is hereby acknowledged. General policy matters may not be discussed in a closed session and nothing herein shall be construed to permit a public body to close a meeting that otherwise would be open merely because an attorney employed or retained by the public body is a participant. The public body may consider and give instructions to an attorney concerning the handling or settlement of a claim, judicial action, mediation, arbitration, or administrative procedure. If the public body has approved or considered a settlement, other than a malpractice settlement by or on behalf of a hospital, in closed session, the terms of that settlement shall be reported to the public body and entered into its minutes as soon as possible within a reasonable time after the settlement is concluded.
- (a) (5): To establish, or to instruct the public body's staff or negotiating agents concerning the position to be taken by or on behalf of the public body in negotiating (i) the price and other material terms of a contract or proposed contract for the acquisition of real property by purchase, option, exchange, or lease; or (ii) the amount of compensation and other material terms of an employment contract or proposed employment contract.